Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall is a beautiful time of year...




I love the fall with all its beautiful colors and cool temperatures! The leaves are turning color, the animals are preparing for the cold weather and so are we.

I was out doors today doing some clean up and I was looking around...I have a lot of maple trees and they are just beautiful. Mind you I will not be thinking that in a few weeks when their leaves began to fall...lol...I will be thinking what great fire wood!

I have a huge grain field across my road and it has a large flock of Canada geese feeding in preparation for the flight south.

My backyard has a truck load of wood just waiting for me to get it in for the winter...check it out. We burn more and more wood each year...Love the smell and the beautiful heat from it. Although it is alot of work. We put it in the basement and we only have a small window so it has to be handed in one stick at a time. As you can see, my weekend will be very busy getting it in - hope the rain holds out!

6 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

beautiful! Love the colors of fall. I have a huge maple in my backyard and the first year we moved in it was dry enough to jump in piles of leaves. We had so much fun.

=)melanie

Amanda said...

Fabulous time of year. MY favorite season!!! I wish Louisiana had "fall"....I miss home!

Momma J said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man what a nice setting you live in!

BeadedTail said...

It looks so peaceful and beautiful where you are! Thanks for sharing your photos!

Piggy said...

Great place! Beautiful colors.. It's something I don't get in my world! Thanks for sharing!

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward