Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Recipe Club from the Young Sisters!

My sisters and nieces are big FaceBook fans and are always posting wonderful recipes on the their pages that I see from my husband's page... for those of you that do not know me I do not have FaceBook page of my own due to my career.

I decided last night I want to have a record of those wonderful recipes so I can try them especially the desserts for special occasions.  I wanted a place where I could find them and  share them.  So I will be regularly adding new ones to my blog...as they have been shared to facebook for anyone to use you are more than welcome to save a link from here and have them at your fingertips too.

Here is my first yummy one:

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars





Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars

Crust:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

Cheesecake Filling:
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Apples:
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.

In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy!

Streusel Topping:
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that sounds amazing!!! I'm gonna see if someone will make it for me. I hate cooking :)

Little Hill Jewelry said...

Oh yum! I'm totally adding this to my recipe files :) Thanks for sharing!

Dell Cove Spice said...

Yum!!! Definitely going to try this recipe!

ariella42 said...

I'm not a big sweets person, but even I have to admit I want one of those! Thanks for the recipe!

Charlene said...

It looks delicious! I might need to try this. Thanks so much. And great idea for blog posts!

Unknown said...

I read this and am now following your blog! looks yummy! and i have a huge sweet tooth!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

OMG OMG OMG! Sounds so good!

Unknown said...

Just looking at that make my mouth water! Thanks

Lori Bergmann said...

Oh, my! I know what we're going be having for desert sometime this week now! LOL Thanks so much for sharing this yummy looking treat! *Ü*

Unknown said...

Sounds so yummy!

nangatesdesigns said...

Looks so good! Bookmarked to my recipe folder.
What a great idea for blog posts!

IsabellesAttic said...

wow, I had to stare at that pic for a bit LOL...looks wonderful!

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward