Friday, March 29, 2013

Chicken and Biscuit Bake:

Chicken and Biscuit Bake

 
This Chicken and Biscuit Bake is, basically, a cross between chicken and dumplings and a pot pie. In any case, it's fabulously good and comes together in a convenient casserole!


3 cups (approx.) of cooked, shredded chicken (I used 2 breasts for this)
1 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
1/4 cup (half of a stick) butter, melted
2 cups Bisquick
1 1/2 cups milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies (allow to thaw for about 30 minutes before adding to recipe)
3 chicken bouillon cubes
Pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Warm chicken stock in a small sauce pan and add in the bouillon cubes to dissolve. Keep warm until ready to use.
Lightly coat with non-stick spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish or large, round casserole dish (mine was a 12" round). Pour in the melted butter.
Layer the shredded chicken on top of the butter.
Sprinkle on the veggies.

In a small mixing bowl, combine the milk and Bisquick. (It's okay if there are a few lumps remaining.)

Pour over the chicken and vegetables. DO NOT MIX!

Sprinkle on a little black pepper, if desired.

Combine the cream of chicken soup with the warmed stock in a small mixing bowl.

Once blended, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer. Again, DO NOT MIX!

(Yes, it'll looks like a big, soupy mess. Trust me ... this is what it's supposed to look like!)

If using a 9 x 13 pan, bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until casserole is set and top is brown and bubbly. If using a large, round dish (mine was 12"), bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until casserole is set and top is brown and bubbly.

Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, my mom used to make this all the time!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward