Sunday, January 31, 2010

UFO's....In Crafting

I belong to the Quiltsy Team and one of the members came up with the term UFo's... UnFinished Objects. It did not take long for the term to catch on and we were all talking about our UFOs...so nice to know I was not the only one with lots of them.

We decided we needed some motivation to get them cleaned up and thought a challenge would be a good way to obtain it. We each posted our UFOs for the month of January...we have all been doing a great job on them.

Here is my list of UFO for the month of January:

In Tote #1...
6 oven mitt sets
6 baby bibs
2 table runners
2 wallhangings...have been put together but need handquilting





Long term goals that I will finish before the end of 2010:
#1. My quilt ....need to finish hand quilting and binding that can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23212151@N04/sets/72157603803982309/

#2. Double quilt ...it is pieced but needs handquilting and binding!



And here is how my list looks now....

Completed...6 oven mitt sets
Completed...6 baby bibs
Completed...2 table runners
Completed...2 wallhangings...have been put together but need handquilting



Long term goals that I will finish before the end of 2010:
#1. 10 Blocks have been hand quilted... My quilt ....need to finish hand quilting and binding

#2. Double quilt ...it is pieced but needs handquilting and binding!




Tonight I will get my UFO's ready for next month...each month I will be posting my list and hope I can get along as well as I did this month. Some will take time others will be small projects but I have a number of them that have been around for a number of years.

To see some other quilters UFOs, check out this thread:
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6392363&page=1

Hope you enjoy checking out my UFOs that have now become completed items!

Stay tuned for Februarys UFOs!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Mona! You have been busy! What a super motivation, we all need that this time of year.
I want the horse wall hanging you have shown here so please save it for me :) Hugs!

BeadedTail said...

So many projects but thankfully you've got the GoGo Juice needed to complete them! I love the black flowered fabric in the first photo!

Mountainside Crochet said...

Great idea, Mona. I've a few crochet UFO's I need to finish - sounds like your blog encouragement is a great way to get motivated! Happy sewing!

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward