Sunday, January 31, 2010

Project Discovery



Have you ever bought some type of supply item that you had no idea why when you got it home? A piece of fabric, some beads, some yarn, felt or some other type of item for your craft of choice!

Well, I did on my last fabric buying excursion... A few weeks ago my best friend and sewing buddy heard about a shop that was going out of business so of course we had to go there. We bought many great fabrics that we will use right away, some that will find its way into our stash and then this piece that I have no idea why!

It was a fabric panel to make an adult vest with the John Deere tractor and logo on it. Why I bought I have no idea....I have no one that would wear this vest and I am sure I would never be able to sell it!

When I looked at this panel I realized all little boys love tractors so I would make something for them. When I measured the back panel it was just the right size for a toddler apron...so that is what I did and when I had it all made realized that it was the same size as an adult bib. Now I had 2 uses for this part of the vest.



I now had the 2 sides to the vest left...what to do with them. Well one had a large tractor on it so thought it would make a cute wall hanging. Then found some broadcloth that matched and used the logo pieces and the tractor to make a nice wallhanging that will go with the vest.



Still 2 pieces of fabric left with 2 different logos. I added matching green broadcloth and made a set of potholders.



And there you have my Project Discovery...an adult bib or toddler apron, a wallhanging and a set of potholders all from one vest panel that I thought I would never use!



I would love to see what you have that you consider a Project Discovery.

5 comments:

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Great ideas! I especially love the toddler apron.

BeadedTail said...

What great solutions to something you weren't too sure about! You came up with great ideas!

Amanda said...

What a cute set!!!!

Mountainside Crochet said...

Very clever creations from fabric intended for another use. Terrific ideas, Mona. John Deere tractors are very popular.

Attack of the Vintage said...

Very creative uses for this fabric. Job well done!

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward