Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It is May Again...

It is hard to believe it is May again... the grass is getting green, the flowers are popping, the trees are blooming and Prince Edward Island is coming alive again after a long winter. With that the Northumberland Ferry starts its many trips across the Strait, the fisherman start lobster fishing and the Craft shops open. We are a big tourist, seasonal area and we have to be ready for the busiest few months of the retail industry.
I sell my crafts in alot of consignment shops. The first one just opened which is early but from here to the 12th of June I will be putting products in 5 shops.
My biggest seller is anything made with nautical fabric especially lobster.... I work on those all winter and get my inventory up... I should say usually - this year I am behind but when the crunch comes I will have enough for everyone. Island Artifacts Eclectic Gift Shop & Bent Island Creations Jewelry Studio is a new shop for me but Jeannie is a wonderful lady and artist...we meet at a Craft show and she asked me to put my crafts in her shop... I wish her all the best. We all have dreams and this is Jeannies!
Another that will be opening soon is the Wood Islands Lighthouse and Museum which has a gift shop in its main room. It has been a great venue for me for a number of years. So if you are heading to Prince Edward Island this year be sure to check out some of these wonderful locations.

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Mona, 5 shops! That is wonderful! Wishing you much success this season!

Mandee said...

I love that you have nautical items. I love them. I hope you do well in the shops. I don't think you'll have a problem ;)

CalliopeCreations said...

Very interesting. Good luck for the season. Your items are great and I'm sure you'll do well.

StumbleReviewed while I was here.

petitehermine said...

This post was so helpful! I haven't worked with consignment shops but it sounds like it's been a great experience for you. Who knew you can meet owners at craft shows :) Good luck with your inventory this year!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful that the new month has started and that you sell in 5 shops. I wish you the best in all that you do, and may many new people discover your beautiful work. Stopping by from the Promotional Frenzy Team x

Unknown said...

WOW! 5 shops! That's fantastic. Good luck dear and I sincerely hope that your items will sell, sell, sell, and keep you busy, busy, busy.

Poopin Outside In Style said...

I love nautical prints and anything boat/water related, so I can see why they would sell well...especially in your location! Beautiful!

myminimocs said...

fantastic Mona...much success to you and to all the shop owners! very cool! i should send a few some photos of my "feeling crabby" Mini-Mocs! ;)

nangatesdesigns said...

Wow, 5 shops - I am sure you will have a very busy season! Love your nautical themes.

Linda B said...

Mona, that's exciting. You'll do great.

Ruth said...

That is wonderful that you've got 5 shops to spotlight your items for you. I love the lobster potholders, I can definitely see why they sell :)

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Mona, my first visit to your blog!
I'm sure those pot holders with claws will be a great hit!
All the best,Laura

Laura Leeder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

Good luck! I love your lobster one.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful person and artist! Please see a shop review I wrote on my blog monashandcraftedgiftsquilts.blogspot.ca/2012/05/it-is-may-again.html

Krystal said...

Wow, a lot of shops! I wish you a load of success! Keep us posted!

BeadedTail said...

Hope you sell lots in all 5 shops Mona! I wish I was one of the tourists going to Prince Edward Island this summer!

magdamagda fashion said...

wow Mona you sure are busy! Have a great season, I hope you sell plenty of lobsters!:)

Unknown said...

Oh man, spring in PEI - I bet it's so gorgeous! I just reread Anne of Green Gables last week, and my friends have talked about going there for a trip next year. I'll definitely have to track down your crafts, and hopefully buy something in person!!! :)

evey said...

How exciting! Wishing you lots of sales and success this season!

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward