Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Here I Come....

2012 is going to be another busy year for me. Therefore I am going to make a few goals for myself as I know I will be busy with the family and my crafting will take second place which is ok but I do want to continue with all the hard work I have been doing with my shop on Etsy and my consignment shops.

As most of you know I am expecting another grandchild in May/June. It is due in June but daughter in law can not seem to carry her babies full term so they will be taking the baby in May. We already have a 14 month old grandson and a 10 year old one so I will be helping with them if Mom ends up in the hospital for a long period of time with new baby.



I took 2 months of work to spend time with hubby...lol.. not knowing about the new baby.

Now on to my Goals:

* Adding at least 3 items a week to my shop -



* Making at least 3 items a week for my shop and consignment shops -



* Keep at least 2 items in draft listings for those weeks that I can not get items photoed.

* Here is the hard one... not to buy no more fabric unless I use up as much of the fabric I have before making that purchase or to destash it!

* Blogging once a week

I hope to add to those goals through out the year.

Have you made any goals for your shop or personal life?

22 comments:

Lostlemonade said...

Go, Mona, Go! Love the goals and the great pix! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival ^_^!

Crystal said...

Not buying Fabric is a hard one! I have a stash to get rid of!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it will be a busy but great with another grandbaby on the way!

theMayflower said...

Congrats on the grandchild! Sounds like you have great goals and you're determined to reach them. Here's to 2012!

Mt. Baldy Glassworks said...

Congrats on the new grandchild! I have 9!!!!!! Your goals sound great. I wish you luck!

Lisa said...

Wowza, that go go Granny juice will be flowing! Wonderful goals you have set Mona. Enjoy those Grandbabies ♥

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby! You can do those goals! We will rock it this year.

Unknown said...

Mona - You are going to be one busy Granny!!!! Congrats on the new addition...I hope and pray it goes well for your daughter. Great goals too!

BorneoBatikraft said...

Yay!! congrats on the new DRAGON BABY that`s a coming your way! :D You know, the Chinese say a child born in the year of the dragon means you`ll never have to worry in your old age because they shall have more than enough success to go round! :D

Unknown said...

I love the thought of not buying any more fabric. I'm also a knitter and found it completely logical to buy something for myself whenever I purchased yarn for a gift. Gotta love the estate sell when I'm gone!

Unknown said...

Yeah I see how not buying any new fabric till the rest is gone is a toughie I have a similar policy with beads but sometimes you just can't help it.

nangatesdesigns said...

I'm with you about using up the fabric I have. I was able to do that quite a bit last year but still have so much!! Great goals and congratulations on having another grandchild on the way. You will be busy!

magdamagda fashion said...

Oh I'll set my goals as secret wishes as far as possible- that way I remain in good terms with myself no matter what!:D good luck Mona, looks like an exciting year ahead- enjoy it!

Lori Bergmann said...

Good luck on reaching all your goals for 2012 and your new grandbaby will be in my prayers for a successful term and delivery!

Kathleen said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby! They are sooooo special! And I love the idea of having something in the "bank" for weeks when you can't make anything.... ;-)

Ruth said...

Let me know how the not buying fabric goes for you, as if I could even think of putting that down :)

BijiBijoux said...

Congrats on the new coming grand baby :) I am sure you are going to be very very busy lol
Good luck with your new goals.

CalliopeCreations said...

Those grandbabies will be keeping you busy. You will need to be flexible.

vintagebyrachel said...

Woow..He is SO cute :) And good luck with you goals !!

Linda B said...

Mona, those grandkids adorable. Im sure they resemble you, hehe

Glad you're making some goals, it's inspiring me to do it too.

I'm sure you're a terrific granny, it would be fun to hang out with you.

Unknown said...

Oh not buying fabric will be hard!

But I need that goal for me, not to buy anymore beads unless it is needed for an order! Good luck for 2012! We are going to rock it out ;)

Splendid Little Stars said...

Congratulations! very exciting!

great goals and do-able, too. except maybe that no-buying-more-fabric one!

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward