Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My 3 day concert in Cavendish






I am not much of a party person and do not really care for crowds but wanted to see Reba McEntyre so off we went to a 3 day event!

It was a blast...my sister, her boyfriend, hubby and I rented a 2 bedroom cottage not far from the concert site in Cavendish, PEI. It was a nice set up with a back deck and bbque included. It overlooked the river and I overlooked taking pictures of this beautiful site!

Friday started off with a bang...Big and Rich performed and so did Doc Walker who put on one heck of a show.


Saturday was another great line up of some local talent and headlining Tim McGraw...his show was very professional...not much interaction but great music.

Sunday was my favorite day...Paul Brandt and my idol...Reba...that is one awesome lady and does she know how to perform. The crowd was made up of everyone from toddlers to seniors. All cheering and singing her top hits..she was so great she even had tears in her eyes when the crowd sang the biggest part of one of her songs that she started then stopped singing.

Her encore was Fancy and she was Fancy...she went off stage and returned 2 minutes later in a slinky red dress and high heels when she previous was wearing jeans, boots and tshirt!

I would head back tomorrow to see her!

To top it all off it was very well organized and the weather was perfect!

4 comments:

ByNanasHands said...

I am so glad you guys had fun! It sounds like it was quite a concert....

BeadedTail said...

Sounds like a great concert and the cottage sounds wonderful too! I enjoyed your photos!

circleinthesand said...

Awww, sounds like ya'll had a super fun weekend!! She (Reba) seems to be quite a special lady!!

Amanda said...

What a fun time!!! Sounds like you had some great entertainment. I love Tim McGraw. He's actually from a very small town about 15 minutes east of Monroe!!!!

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward